- The Asian population grew fastest between 2011-12 (2.9 percent growth, or 530,000 people from 2011-12)
- The Hispanic population grew most (1.1 million increase, or 2.2 percent, from 2011-12)
- The White population only grew because of immigration (deaths exceeded births for the first time)
- 6 more counties are "majority minority" (brings the total to 353 of the nation's 3,143 counties)
- Maine is the oldest state, Utah is the youngest
- Thanks to record low fertility rates, there are fewer children under the age of 5 than there were last year
To crunch the numbers yourself, see the Census Bureau's estimates page.