- CDC updated their obesity data
- DOT released 2011 transportation safety data including traffic fatalities and pedestrian fatalities
- The 2011-12 California Health Interview Survey data are now available
- NBC published a well-written story on poverty, welfare, and working mothers that blends reliable data with the human-interest side of the story. Best quote: "People think everyone who is poor gets welfare, and it's just not true"
- On Point covers the choice to be child-free
- Former U.S. Census Bureau Director Kenneth Prewitt explains how to fix the problem of race questions on national surveys
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT...
- Sometimes research results seem painfully obvious (and we have to wonder how they got funded)
- My tweet about my maternity leave memo generated quite a bit of discussion (and more than a few laughs)
For those of you preparing for the Fall 2013 semester...
|Source: PhD Comics|