Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Book roundup 2019

A friend recently noted that she read more than 100 books in 2019, which sort of dampened my pride at reading 30 (15 non-fiction). Neither one of us counts flipping glossy cookbooks nor "early reader" chapter books read with the pint-sized members of our respective families. (My friend does count audiobooks, though, so maybe our eyes-on-words reading tallies aren't quite as disparate as it might seem?)

Anyway, since it's year-end, it's a good time for reflection. In addition to rethinking my stance on audiobooks, I'm going to share some reflections on what I read this year.

Some of the best non-fiction books I read in 2019 (regardless of original publication date):

Invisible Women
by Caroline Criado Perez

Thick
by Tressie McMillan Cottom

Heart: A History
by Sandeep Jauhar

The Library Book
by Susan Orlean


Tenth Island
by Diana Marcum

No comments:

Post a Comment

your insights?