Friday, November 8, 2013

Maternity leave

As a good demographer, I should report that in the next few days my household will be adding a record to the local vital events registry.

I suspect this child will be one among many in a wave of post-recession babies... I will not go so far as to call 2013 births a "baby boom." (Though it may seem like one after years of falling birth rates.) But 2012 birth data already show that the birth rate stopped falling, and if the volume of appointments at my clinic are any indication, 2013's rates are likely to be higher.

Broader demographic trends aside, my primary reason for writing is to let readers know that this blog (and this blogger) will be on maternity leave for a few weeks.



Before I go... I leave you with this piece on seasonality in prematurity and high birth weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

your insights?